Read and Resist is a monthly book club for the Resistance. We welcome all New Yorkers who are interested in engaging readings and insightful conversations about the challenges we face.
Read and Resist meets once per month. Our next book club meeting is for White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo.
Our previous readings include
- Direct Action: Protest and the Reinvention of American Radicalism by L.A. Kaufman (discussion with the author)
- When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele
- How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt
- The End of Policing by Alex Vitale (discussion with the author)
- Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
- Violent Borders by Reece Jones